Wednesday, June 29, 2011

We started our baby registry last night. We really have no idea what we need but I think we have a really good start. If anyone can think of any must haves please let us know because we are clueless. We're also signed up for a birth class at the hospital on 7/24 so that should be interesting.

Everything else is moving right along. I feel him move all the time and I love when my wife can feel him too. We hit 24 weeks last Sunday and I can't believe that I have been pregnant for 6 months! What is even crazier is that our boy will be here in about 4 months! My wife is taking next week off to clear out his room and his crib is being delivered the first week of August thanks to his Pop and Grandma. After that we have 2 showers in August and then we're in the homestretch. I think time is going to fly yet stand still at the same time. We both work together and our work people are throwing us a surprise shower in early August. We only know this because my mother can't keep a secret. I'm ok with it though because I'd rather not be surprised. My mom is throwing us a shower at the end of August with our family and friends so we're looking forward to that as well. After the showers we'll have the month of September to get everything else that we think we'll need to welcome our son in October!

I'm still feeling good but heartburn and back pain have set in. It's also getting more difficult to sleep because I can't figure out which side is less sore for me to lay on. All in all though it hasn't been too bad and we're more excited then anything else. We are so in love with this little guy and cannot wait to meet him!

2 comments:

  1. Get an ergo carrier! Those things are heavenly, especially once the kid is a little bigger (and you can put him in it on your back until he's three or four!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I feel like you're so much more prepared than we are! That's all very exciting stuff. We have two friends coming next weekend to help us clear out the baby room/office/junk room. We've proven ourselves completely incapable of doing it on our own. I have a list of newborn "must have" items from a couple of friends that I can email to you.

    ReplyDelete