Thursday, March 17, 2011

9.5 weeks

I can't believe that I've made it this far! 9.5 weeks seems so surreal to me. I haven't blogged lately because I've been trying not to get too excited. I feel like it will all be ripped out from under us before each appointment. Speaking of appointments, we had one on Monday. I was so nervous because it had been 3 weeks since our last one and I wanted everything to be ok with cupcake. If you've read this blog, it's no secret how much I was over our RE's office and Monday did not disappoint. We had taken half days from work that day so we could go to our 2pm RE appt and a 4pm tax appt. We show up right at 2 and the receptionist just says "you didn't get the call?" Uh no, what call? The Dr is snowed in from his vacation and they called everyone to reschedule, can you some back tomorrow at 2? Uh no! I need to see someone today, so she calls the other office and sends us there to meet with another Dr. What a pain in the ass because the other office is like 10 minutes from work and I could of just gone there to begin with! All was well though when we saw the cutest blob of a baby ever! Everything was good with cupcake and he/she was waiving their little arms and had a heartbeat of 164! They finally released us and we have an appointment with the OB this coming Tuesday. I think I'm finally starting to calm down and realize that cupcake is going to stick around. Its so funny cause all through this I knew we'd get a baby somehow but I never once imagined myself to be pregnant. In fact, I never wanted to be pregnant and just assumed that my wife would carry the baby. That was until we found out she couldn't which led us to where we are now. I still stop and think, oh my god...I am pregnant!

6 comments:

  1. Glad things are going well with cupcake even if your dr still sucks. Soon you'll be out of there completely, right? And on to your (hopefully) fabulous OB?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you! I was wondering how you were holding off. Sorry the RE is such a pain, but good you'll be out soon and on to better things. Glad the "Oh my god I'm pregnant!" moments are still sinking in :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aawww, so happy for you that everything is progressing normally. I can't wait to see more pictures of your sweet cupcake and also your belly. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you sound exactly like me 9 weeks ago! We are the same way. With each week and each milestone we are kind of incredulous that baby is sticking around this time. I also never wanted to carry and was thrilled when I met DW and she was DYING to carry. Sigh. Life is funny that way! (2momsadopt.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. seriously, this is soooo awesome! Glad to hear that cupcake is doing good and can't wait to see some U/S pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me nervous when you didn't post right away...I was checking like a crazy person! SO GLAD that Cupcake is flourishing and the realization that you are pregnant is hitting you! It's amazing...just wait until you feel that first thump it is mind blowing! Did you get a new picture?

    ReplyDelete