Tuesday, March 22, 2011

1st OB visit

We had our 1st OB visit today and it was very anticlimactic! We were hoping to see our little cupcake but NO! We went in and filled out forms and were told we owe them $675 by 6/24 which is what we will owe them after insurance. I also got to have a pap smear and std test. The Dr is nice and she is my gyn so I'm used to her. They also gave me a flu shot and scheduled me for the NT test on 4/11. I can't believe we have to wait that long to see cupcake again! They scheduled me for some lab work and I have to do the glucose test now apparently because I'll be 35 when I deliver. Apparently, that is the magic number or "advanced maternal age" as the doc called it. Fuck that, it means I waited for the right person and am financially sound so I'm ready to have a baby. I need to call the lab and schedule the blood work and glucose test and then I go back for a prenatal visit on 4/19. So I guess that means all is well but I'm still a little bummed that she didn't even want to see my beautiful baby cause I know we were both hoping for a peek. She also changed my due date to 10/19 but I'm sticking with what the RE said which is 10/16. The ob is going off my last period and the re is going off my ovulation. I took the damn trigger shot so I guess he knows better then her when I ovulated. So here we are at 10wks 2 days according to the RE or 9wks 6 days according to the ob.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, how disappointing!!! You didn't get an ultrasound?? Maan, that sucks big time. *sigh* I hope you can soon see your little cupcake again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, no pictures!! Boo! Yay for anticlimactic though. No news is good news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do you owe them money? Will you have to pay more money out of pocket for all the other medical stuff that goes with having a baby? WOW!! Crazy! Sorry, you didn't get to see Cupcake again...just wait until the first movements and then most of the worries go away cuz you get thumps of reassurance every day!

    ReplyDelete