Friday, April 1, 2011

It feels like it's been forever since I wrote anything and I apologize. We're just plugging along here. Work has been crazy as always plus we had some pretty wicked weather here in Central Florida. These crazy thunderstorms moved through Wednesday afternoon and work actually sent us home early because it was so nasty out. I get home and my recycling bin is 4 houses down so I go get that. Then my neighbor comes out and tells me she has a tree down in her backyard which took a power line out which meant our whole block had no power. It turned out not be just our block as the traffic lights down the main street near our house were all out too. It took 27 hours before our power came back on. It was pretty miserable sleeping with the windows open that night because it stormed all night, we heard every train that went by, and our neighbors got into a screaming match at 2am. So needless to say we got little sleep. It continued to rain all day yesterday and it looks like we have more on the way today. I'm just glad our power is back on.

In other news, I can't believe that we will hit the 12 week mark this Sunday! I'm starting to feel less tired and I have a better appetite but I still feel queasy sometimes. My new love is lemons which is funny because my Mom said she ate those constantly while pregnant with me. We also bought a stroller. My wife has been on a stroller kick and we have been looking at them all over town. She has requirements for this stroller and she found one that she just loves. Now I didn't want to purchase one this early but I do love me a deal. The company is running a promotion that if you purchase the stroller you get the infant car seat free. The stroller is $500 so initially I told her NO but then the promotion came out which does save us $229 for the seat so I told her I would think about it. Then she found it on amazon for $400 and they will honor the promotion so we went for it. I figure we got a $750 stroller and car seat for $400 and that makes me happy. It also makes me nervous that we just bought a stroller. Our NT scan is scheduled for 4/11 and I'm starting to feel like this is pretty real and will result in a baby actually riding in that stroller come October. Plus, we have 30 days to return it for a full refund if something happens. I still get so nervous before my appts like this is all a dream and they will tell me that it's not real. I just really want to sneak a peek at cupcake since we haven't seen him/her since we were 9 weeks! It feels like an eternity and I can't wait to see how much s/he has changed in the last 4 weeks. I guess we'll find out in about 10 days.

Someone else that has been on my mind is Linus. I pray for him and his family everyday. I can't even imagine what they are going through. Stay strong Linus, everyone is pulling for you buddy.

5 comments:

  1. Thats a great deal on the stroller/car seat. Can you share the info?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I left that part out! Its a britax b ready stroller.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a great deal on the stroller - good job yall! The weather here in "the swamp" was crazy too although they didn't let us go home...bummer. I heard they had tornado's in Tampa that's crazy! Glad you guys are safe though and loking forward to seeing cupcakes new photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice deal! I also think it's very sweet that you have the same pregnancy cravings that your mama had with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That weather was wicked all around, though luckily at our house, we had lights, no internet.
    Great deal on the stroller! =)
    Lea

    ReplyDelete