Friday, January 21, 2011

Go Time!

The wife just shot me up with the trigger shot at 5pm and we have IUI #6 scheduled for 10am tomorrow morning which will be about 17 hours later. We will do IUI #6.2 Sunday morning at 10:15 which will be about 41 hours later. I was told that I have a 15mm follicle that probably won't even release according to the nurse and another 21mm one. I don't know if the timing is right but I hope and pray that it is. Either result will bring relief. We'll either be on our way to a mommy-hood or finally done with this horrible practice my RE joined last October. While I hope it works, being done with them will also bring some comfort. I have cried my eyes out the last two times I have been there. I drove all the way to work today and couldn't stop crying so I texted my boss from the parking lot asking to take a sick day. Thank God she is understanding of this whole thing and said yes. She actually referred me to his original practice where her and her partner went for their first kid. She did 3 tries with this new practice and is looking to switch as well. I had my u/s at 8:30 this morning and was told that the doctor would look a the results and that a nurse would call me back. I didn't hear anything until 3:30. This is the exact kind of shit that is pissing me off. I asked to talk to the Doc about doing 1 IUIs this cycle and the nurse told me no, that he wasn't even there. At his last practice I either saw him or his Nurse Practitioner who we really liked. Now at this new place I have a different nurse up in my business every time I'm there and have yet to see the Doc. To top things off for my IUIs this weekend I have to see the anti same sex couples doc since he is the one on call this weekend. I was also charged $180 for storage today that will cover Jan, Feb, and Mar. I told the lady that we're using both vials this weekend and will have nothing to store for Feb and March and her reply was that I had to pay the $ and then call the billing dept to contest it. WTF! This is yet another reason why I hate this place. Any person you call doesn't bother to call you back for hours on end. Don't they know I'm packed full of hormones and I need answers NOW! If this one doesn't work, we're going to take a vacation, find a new doctor, and change donors. Hopefully, we won't have to go that route, although I could definitely use a vacation. Please, please, please let this work so we can have our baby and be done with this horrible practice.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. They do sound awful.

    The RE who got us pregnant had random sperm-related charges, and the nurses or bloodwork sometimes got backed up, and they called late about scheduling, but they were super encouraging and supportive whenever I needed them.

    We did change doctors after the IUIs, and ours wasn't nearly as bad as your clinic sounds. The nurses and staff were awesome and certainly no one was homophobic, but several of the doctors had terrible bedside manner.

    Anyways, got my fingers crossed for you that this will work and everything else will become moot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain and can understand your need for answers. We had lots of frustrations at both practices we used but nothing near your experience. I remember contesting the thawing charge at my first clinic because it consisted of them bringing me the vial and telling me to hold onto it for a while... REALLY! Then charging me 55 dollars.

    Then at our RE's office once we moved it was extremely conforming but once I pushed hard enough they would listen but of course with judgements. We had the same only one IUI battle - but eventually they caved.

    I hope none of this matters and this is it for you all. I'll be thinking about you both! Lots of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck, yuck, yuck. What a poor way to treat people! I hope that this is it and you don't have to see them again OR find another doc.

    ReplyDelete