Wednesday, January 19, 2011

confession

I have a confession to make. I took more gonal then what was prescribed last night. After everything we went through to get the meds and how much we paid for them, I'll be damned if I'm going to have some extra. I have a 300iu pen and was prescribed a 75iu injection for days 5, 7, an 9. I asked about the leftover and they told me to discard it! Really?? That shits expensive and you want me to discard it?? So, I took upon myself to take 75iu on Sunday, and 112.5iu last night and I will take 112.5iu again tomorrow night. This way I take every drop that I paid for. A little extra can't hurt right? I hope it only helps my case. I need some big, fat follies with a target on them so my swimmers know where to attack. I don't think it will hurt, there are women out there who take higher doses then what I was prescribed so I hope it doesn't backfire on me. Anyone else take this stuff? If so, what have your experiences been? I took femara days 3-7 and then the gonal days, 5, 7, 9. I go in Friday to check my follies and to see when I have to trigger. I have 2 vials left and I kind of want to do both this cycle but my RE is hesitant. Did any of you do 2 shots in 1 cycle? Any feedback would be much appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. I probably would of done the same thing. After I googled the average that other people took..lol.. i would do the exact same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear blogs help make everything better. The thought of spending all that money to just discard the rest...I would have done research and then took the extra, just like you did. There's a reason why the dosage is that size...probably the normal dose is what is in those shots.
    GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I with you on using all the meds that stuff gets expensive! We did do two insems in one cycle before...it wasn't bad just a lot of coordinating on our part around our schedules. I say go for the double tap and give it everything you got!

    ReplyDelete