Tuesday, January 18, 2011

CD7

As you can tell from the title, I finally started my period. The nurse said the bc pills can delay it like that. I went in on day 3 and got my u/s and all looked good. The cyst was gone and I was cleared to start my fe.mara on days 3-7. On Friday, I had a total breakdown. This was the first time that I cried during this whole process. Back in Dec, the doc gave me a voucher for 300iu of folli.stim. I had all that drama with my gall bladder so I had to wait a cycle. The pharmacy told me not to worry and to just order it in Jan when I was ready. So I call Friday and order the folli.stim and my trigger shot. She charges me $65 and tells me the other med is free. She calls me back a couple of hours later and tells me the voucher expired 12/31 and that I will need to pay $423. Are you fucking kidding me?? I was not prepared for this nor did I budget for this. I hate using my credit card and to be honest I was just pissed because I would have ordered it back in Dec had someone told me it expired. She then tells me that the gonal.f is the same medication and only costs $260. Well that sounds better so she tells me she will call the doc to get it ok'd to switch. Here is where the stress comes in. My order had to go out by 7pm to make it here for me to take by Sunday. The pharmacy and myself each called 2 times and did not hear back until 6:25pm that night. My doc switched to one of these big practices and I have hated it ever since. You can't get a call in, you can't get one returned and you feel like cattle as they shuffle you through. I was so pissed that it took 4 hours for a return call when there was 4 messages that were left. I like my doc but we will be switching if these next 2 tries don't work since they already have them in their storage. So i got the meds after many tears. We did the shot on Sunday and will do another one tonight. This is my first cycle with the injections but so far so good. Other then my raging hormones on day 3, I haven't felt anything. I was so mad on Friday which is usually not like me. I also don't cry. Not that I don't want to, I just don't. My poor wife has only seen me cry once in 6 years and she didn't know what to think last Friday. I told her that all this baby making stress has finally caught up to me. I'm much better now and focused on what lies ahead. I go in this Friday to check my follies and to see when we will trigger. I'm thinking it will be Sunday if all looks good on Friday. I like doing it on the weekends so I can relax and not have to miss work but I hate that other office I'll have to go to. That was the one where the nurse thought I was my wife's husband! I need to relax and just go with the flow. I keep telling myself that and it's working for the most part.

And oh yeah....my team, Auburn are the national champs! WAR EAGLE!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. What a crappy thing to have to go through. I'm glad they finally got you the meds, although it totally sucks that you had to pay for them. And wait to find out if you'd even get them. Hopefully they'll do their job and this is the last time you'll need to mess around this this crap for a long, long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you finally got the meds and BOO for having to pay for them. One would think an explanation of an expiration to a coupon would be valuable to know! Geesh...
    Here's to hoping you no longer have to deal with this after this cycle...fingers and toes crossed!

    ReplyDelete