Thursday, December 9, 2010

speed bump

I almost titled this post road block, but thought speed bump sounded more positive. I'm a big football fan and my team, Auburn, played for the SEC title last Saturday. My brother and cousin came over and we all had a great time watching them win. I told myself that I was going to have a few beers and let loose. We ate hot wings and I had 4 delicious, cold beers. My team won and is headed to the National Championship. Everything was great until my stomach decided to stage a revolt. Several hours after the game was over, I started to feel a burning pain in my stomach. It quickly progressed to throwing up, violently. I must have puked 6 times in less than an hour and my stomach hurt like it has never hurt before. The wife took me to the ER where it was determined that my stomach lining was inflamed and I had "sludge", actual term the Doc used, in my gall bladder. I followed up with my Dr who told me that she wanted to check my gall bladder function to see if it needs to be removed. She told me that if/when I get pregnant that it will only make my gall bladder worse. So now I have to go next week to test the function of my stupid gall bladder to see if needs to be removed. Cross your fingers it doesn't, cause I don't have time for this shit. If you remember, I had a cyst that I was taking bc for, for the last 2 weeks. Well, I went and had it checked and it went down and we're all clear to start meds for this next cycle. We're gonna do the femara and trigger shot again and this time add in 3 shots of an fsh boost to help with egg quality and quantity. The nice RE even gave me a $250 voucher to cover the cost of it. Everything was working out perfectly except for my damn gall bladder. I guess best case we sit out a cycle and worse case we sit out a few so I can recover from surgery. I am just so pissed about the whole thing. Like we really need more medical bills. Plus, if it's not my gall bladder, what the hell is it?? My appt is on the 28th so cross your fingers for no surgery please.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh! What bad timing! I hope it was just the hot wings or something and that your gall bladder is calmed down and ready for a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How frustrating! Thinking of you and hoping surgery isn't needed. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How annoying! And kind of crazy. Hopefully it was just your gall bladder mirroring your excitement over the wings and beer and everything will be fine without the surgery. Definitely have fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete