Friday, December 3, 2010

My friend had a baby girl last night. While I'm happy for her I can't stop thinking about our quest for a little one. My friend is straight and married but because of several factors, she had to go the IUI route. She got pregnant in 4 tries. She was 6 weeks along when we did our first try. It was good to have someone to talk to about this experience and she has always been very supportive. She would always talk about when it would be our turn. We both kind of figured that I would be pregnant by now but that's not how it worked out. She even gave me some baby stuff for our baby, but I gave it to my sister who is pregnant. I don't even want that stuff in the house. It doesn't seem right to have stuff for a maybe baby. My sister...I've mentioned her a couple of times on here..I'll post another day on that subject. So all over face.book are pictures of my friend's new baby and I don't have the heart to look at them. She wants us to go visit but I don't think we will. The wife has to work and I really don't want to make that journey solo. Does this make me a bad friend? Oh well if it does. I've just started to get really shitty lately about this ttc crap. Speaking of, cross your fingers the birth control got rid of my cyst so we can move forward with this cycle.

5 comments:

  1. Thinking of you. I know how hard this all is. Hoping the BC pills did the trick. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fingers crossed that the BC did the trick! and you know I don't think not going makes you a shity friend at all. I wouldn't be able to go either. Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't go to one of my really good friends baby shower, because I couldn't bare to see her having what I wanted so badly. I know that even today when I hear of friends getting pregnant...I start to feel myself withdraw from them. I used to feel like a horrible person BUT then I realized that I needed to take care of myself. And seeing other with what I wanted so badly was just too much for me to handle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! What really sucks is seeing my pregnant sister all the time! It sucks to see her so happy, her boyfriend so pissed, and my niece so dirty all the time. Good thing she's about to have another one. ggrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there -
    Any chance you can remove "Our Tiny Sri Lankan" from your list of Blogs you Follow? I'm so happy you read our blog, but I get nervous about people finding our blog through yours. I'm sorry to post this as a comment- just couldn't figure out another way to contact you. Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete