Tuesday, August 3, 2010

try #3

Try #3 is in full effect! We went in yesterday for #3. We only bought 3 vials to start with so hopefully we won't need to buy more. Yesterday was a weird day full of hope and sadness. We went in for the IUI at 2 and then went to our best friend's mother's funeral at 6. Talk about completing the cycle fo life. It was a wonderful, emotional service that just brought me to tears. The woman was 60 years old, not nearly old enough to be gone. Our friend was a wreck and her twin 12 year old grandsons just broke my heart. She will be missed greatly. It was so strange sitting there feeling crampy and thinking about the maybe beginning of a life. I'm more hopeful about this try then I was with the last two. I think it's probably because I always told myself that we would do it within these 3 tries. Now as I sit here, I know that there is a real possiblility that we may have to by more juice. We know two couples who have gone though this and one couple took 6 tries and the other 9 tries. Plus, all these blogs I read where you guys have tried endless times without success. I have guarded hope that this try will work. I think that's in my nature though, I don't want to be hurt, so I don't get my hopes up. I am already over this whole process though so I hope this is it cause I'm ready to get this show on the road! Plus, the Dr, told me that he wants me to get an HSG if this doesn't work. From reading the blogs out there those sound painful! Plus, I need to see if insurance will cover it. I hope all is well with you guys out there. Take care.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry about your friends mom, but what a wonderful way to honor her if you became pregnant on that day! Fingers crossed that the third time is indeed a charm for you. And if you do have to get an HSG, don't worry too much. Mine was uncomfortable, but nothing awful. Hoping the TWW goes by fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way! I've never had an HSG so I can't really offer any insight there but, most of my friends just say they are uncomfortable, not too much pain involved. Sorry to hear about your friends mom...it's always hard to lose someone :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you baby vibes! Sorry to hear about your friends Mom...that stuff is just really tough.
    As for the HSG, from my experience it wasn't bad. I just held onto Nikki's hands for dear life and got through it! BUT you won't need it cuz the 3rd time is the charm! Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a similar experience last weekend--attending a friend's brother's very sad and unexpected funeral. It's amazing how much being there made us both want a baby even more. Good luck this try! Hopefully you'll be able to spend that money on onesies instead!

    ReplyDelete