Monday, August 9, 2010

just plugging along

Well we have 1 week down and my period is due here this Friday. I think. Usually my cycles are about 24 days but last month it was 26 days so I'm not really sure when it will show up this month, but Friday would be for a 24 day cycle. So I expect it anytime Friday-Sunday. I'm really going to try and hold out all weekend to test. If it's not here by Monday then I will test then. That's my plan anyways. I almost don't want to test because I don't want to find out if it didn't work. We're out of juice and the Doc wants me to get a HSG if this try is a bust. So you see...it really would be easier if it would just work this time!

Since the funeral last week we got a little bit more bad news. My best friend since 8th grade was supposed to get married last Saturday. Instead, she's spent all week at the bedside of her man who is in the hospital with blood poisoning. It was really bad all last week and he seems to be getting better but he's still in the hospital. They even got married in the hospital last Friday because that's how critical he got. Hopefully he'll be better soon so we can celebrate their wedding down the road. I also had to deal with my battery dying in my truck. I know it doesn't compare to funerals and hospitalization but it was just another stress factor to deal with. So much for a stress free tww.... We got the IUI done on Monday, went to a funeral right after, and came home to the news that our friend was critical in the ICU. It has kept out minds off of it to some extent though.

I've been feeling period like cramps off an on all weekend so hopefully that is a good sign. We went and painted pottery yesterday and I had a moment of intense PMS rage over messing up my little snail where I wanted to smash him to bits on the floor. Either the stress is getting to me, I'm about to start my period, or hopefully I'm pregnant. I do feel like I'm about to start anyday though and I usually don't get this feeling too far in advance of my period so maybe it's a good sign. Fingers crossed and good luck to all of you out there who are trying this month.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, sorry about all the stress and bad news. Hoping your friend will recover soon. And yes, definitely hoping the hormonal rage is due to your impending BFP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, that's so scary about your friend's fiance! I guess the only good thing is that you have lots of other things to think about than testing. Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stress sucks. Hopefully the temper flare up is due to raging hormones and you will get your BFP this week!

    ReplyDelete