Thursday, August 19, 2010

Plan B

Sorry for the silence, it's been crazy here. Try #3 was a bust. It was disappointing and frustrating there for a minute but now we have a plan and we feel better. The Dr said he wanted to do a HSG if try #3 didn't work. So here is where it gets fun. I called the insurance on 8/11 to ask if the HSG would be covered. I wanted to have a game plan in case I started my period. They told me that it would be covered but then threw in that my insurance was no longer working with the hospital where the Dr works out of as 8/15. So we crossed our fingers and hoped this try would take. So of course, I start my period on 8/15. Now what? My insurance told me that I would have to pay 20% of this procedure and also find another hospital. So I ask my Dr if he works out of another hospital and he says yes. Well that's good. Then I talk to a friend of mine who just went through this and she tells me that her Dr did the HSG at his office and she only had to pay her $50 copay. That sounds better than 20%! And we have the same insurance because we work together. I call this Dr and he can get me in for a new patient appt TODAY!. I called the insurance and a 2nd opinion is covered. So after all this we're going for a 2nd opinion and will probably switch to this Dr if we like him. He seems much more proactive in his approach to babymaking then the last Dr so hopefully he'll do the trick.

Any suggestions on what to ask would be appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so much to figure out! I was lucky that my HSG was covered, and pretty uneventful. Definitely uncomfortable and spotting afterward, but nothing terrible. I'm sorry try #3 wasn't the one, but glad you're moving forward with a new plan.

    ReplyDelete