Tuesday, August 31, 2010

oh the drama..

Let's do this in bullets to make it easier to read:


  • Went to the RE and was told my eggs look appropriate for my age. I guess that's good? We liked him but the wanted $1175 per cycle, meds not included, to do the IUI. Needless to say we are back to the original doc who will only charge a $50 copay per ultrasound. New doc won't charge insurance which is why price is $1175.
  • Getting my HSG done at the start of my next cycle with old doc. I'm set to start around 9/10. Then, we're gonna start on Clomid. I figure 3 natural tries are enough and that now we need some help.
  • Headed for a long weekend in Miami the same weekend I'm set to start and will come back to a "procedure" (lovely). We need this time together so it will be nice regardless. Plus, I get to see my beloved Granma.
  • One of my high school friends dies in Afghanistan last Sunday and leaves behind a pregnant wife. It is too sad to put into words. My heart breaks everytime it flashes across the local news.
  • We took a month off due to all this doc fiasco and it's been so nice to not know what CD I'm on.
  • And we're on the waiting list for our favorite donor so let's hope that happens. It is so hard to find a Latin donor. If you guys come across a bank with some, I'd love to hear what bank it is so we can check it out.
  • And last but not least, my sister find out today whether she is having a boy or a girl. I still don't know how I feel about her pregnancy...

That's it for now, I'll be catching up soon!

**UPDATE***

My sister just called, she is having another girl. I'm happy for her, I just wish it was us who was having a baby.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa, that's a lot of money! Definitely sounds like it makes sense to stay with the first doc. I'm glad the time off has been good for you all. Our break from TTC was essential to maintaining our mental health (even though it lasted a little longer than we had planned).

    ReplyDelete