Wednesday, July 13, 2011

trying not to freak out...

We went to the doctor yesterday to check on Sweet Lou and it seems that something may be wrong. The Dr listened to his heart rate and told us that she doesn't like how it keeps decelerating and she wants to find out why that is. When we went to the ER on 7/2 and he was doing it then too but the nurse just told us he was being active and we didn't think anything else about it. The Dr said she doesn't think it's anything to worry about but ordered a biophysical ultrasound just to be sure. She told us to keep track of his movements and to call if he hasn't moved like he normally does. Our u/s is scheduled for Tuesday at 8:20am. I don't know how in the world we will survive that long worrying about our Sweet Lou. He's moving around a lot so that makes us feel better. We keep telling ourselves that he's fine but you just never know. My sister had a similar scare when they couldn't find my niece's heartbeat at all and then the u/s showed she was fine. I just wish we didn't have to wait until Tuesday for answers. Has anyone else experienced this? I am freaked out beyond words.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about this! I hope it's nothing--just a quirk of the technology. I'm so sorry you have to wait for such a long time to be reassured, though! Sending good thoughts to you and Sweet Lou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so sorry to hear this. i haven't been through this exact situation, but i do know doctors tend to err far on the side of caution. usually, it's nothing. if i didn't know that before, i certainly know it after our time in the nicu. i'll be looking forward to your post on tuesday that everything's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hope everything is alright! I'm just now starting to catch up with everyone's blogs. Glad to hear you guys had a good fourth and can't wait to find out what Sweet Lou's name is...unless that's it in which case can I just say...I LOVE LOVE the name louis ;) Fingers crossed that everything is ok with your little one and sending lot's of positive thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am sure everything will be ok, and it is good they are taking precautions. thoughts are with you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh god, the wait is just awful. Like everyone has said, I'm sure it's fine. I have so many friends who were told "something might be wrong" only to be told "just kidding!" right after. It's indeed crazy making and terrifying. Will definitely be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete