Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tomorrow will be 5 weeks and I still can't believe it. So far my symptoms are cramping off and on, loss of appetite, but not for any reason, sore boobs, and let's just say I'm having trouble in the pooping department. lol. And oh yeah...I'm so tired! I go to bed at 9/9:30 every night. Our ultrasound is 1 week from today and I just want to see our little baby so that I can feel assured that nothing is wrong. I want to make sure everything is where it needs to be.

Now that I'm pregnant, I find myself having to make up excuses as to why I can't drink. I feel guilty like they're on to me! My coworkers and I used to go to happy hour about once a month and see each other socially pretty regularly and drinks were always involved. We went and made chocolate last week which was fun but I was the only one not drinking. Then I was asked out 2x now to go out and I keep making up excuses why I can't go. My cousin is coming in town and playing a show this weekend and all my friends and coworkers are going so I know they will want to know why I'm not drinking. I'll be glad when 12 weeks is up so I can tell them. I guess a lot of our social habits revolved around drinking or maybe I'm just paranoid now. Thank god it's not football season because then my buddies would really know something was up if I was watching a game with no beer!

4 comments:

  1. I find that winter in general allows the excuse of being sick or 'coming down with something'. Also, could you drink juice or coke or something and just lie about whether it's got vodka in it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya, about all of it. Are you usually a beer drinker of hard liquor? If you ever drink vodka soda you can go to the bar and just order the seltzer and tell people that's what it is. Or I've heard of people emptying a beer bottle and filling it with water or juice (needs to be a dark bottle of course) but that seems like a lot of work. Regardless, they might get suspicious if you're not drinking, but oh well. Think how excited they'll be when they find out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. when i was not drinking during my TWWs, i ordered club soda at the bar and had it but in a cocktail glass. my normal drink is a vodka soda, so it worked. not sure what i would have done if i was a beer drinker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. i just read nicole's comment after posting mine. yeah, what she said! :)

    ReplyDelete