Sunday, February 6, 2011

Surreal

I got my second beta number today and all seems well which we are thankful for. We did 2 insems this cycle so the first beta was 13d/12dpiui and it was 64. That was Friday and they told me that today they wanted to see it at least double. I had been so worried that it wouldn't and that something would be wrong but today on 15d/14dpiui it was 194! It tripled which made me very happy! They also said my progesterone was 26.1 which was "excellent" according to the nurse which meant I don't need supplements. Now I just need to make an appt for the first week of March for an ultrasound to make sure everything looks good. I calculated that my due date is around Oct 15th which means I'm about 4 weeks pregnant. This is just so unreal and we keep looking at each other with disbelief. Going into this journey we always assumed we would get a baby but I never imagined how surreal it would be when we actually got pregnant. I just pray that this sticks because we want this baby more than anything we have ever wanted. So far I'm exhausted, constipated, no appetite, and feeling kind of crampy at times and then nothing at other times. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as to what to do/not to do, foods to eat/stay away from, and anything else you guys can think of. Thank you for all the support up until now. This community has been a huge support for me and I am so thankful.

7 comments:

  1. Great number! I totally hear you about how surreal it all is. I'm not sure if I'll ever stop feeling that way, even when I'm actually holding my baby :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for good beta numbers! And sorry about not feeling well--hopefully that'll pass soon and you can just enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I loved to read this entry. :D It's gonna stay surreal for quite a while but when you see the first picture of your little peanut it's gonna be a liiiittle bit more real.

    Can't wait to read more updates :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I'm 13 weeks and still can't believe it sometimes! But I have already learned that pregnancy is quite a ride! Expect your body and its needs to change daily. You learn to just go with it! (2momsadopt.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay away from Vodka, that's my only advise. Just kidding of course :)
    L
    www.babymamasdrama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete