Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Introducing Cupcake!


We got to see our little Cupcake today and hear the heartbeat! Doc says I'm 6wks and 2 days along which is 3 days ahead of what I calculated. My official due date is Oct 16. The heartbeat was 111 which the Doc said was on the low side of the normal range but was to be expected because it is so early. I hope he's right because I don't need anything else to worry about! I feel so much better now knowing that everything is good with the Cupcake. My wife has been calling the baby that so I figured it would be a good blog name. Doc said he is implanted high in my uterus which is good so that made me feel better.

The bad news is that I have a huge cyst on my left ovary which is what has been causing my lower back pain. He also said the cyst won't interfere with Cupcake. My blood pressure was also high but the nurse said that could be from having a sinus infection right now and they will just keep an eye on it. And last but not least, the Doc is testing my thyroid because of how cold I've been. I'll know the results of that test tomorrow. I have an appt for 3/14 to check on Cupcake and the cyst again before he releases me to the OB.

i feel good about this though and WE HAVE FORWARD PROGRESS!!

6 comments:

  1. YAAAAAAAAY! Congrats! Great news. See, told you there was nothing to worry about :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!!!!! How cool is that? Congrats again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cupcake!! I love it :)
    Congratulations!!! Did you get my email with the password?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay!!! What a cute blog name too! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete