Thursday, November 4, 2010

The 4th try was a bust. This is getting really old! I went to the Dr on Tuesday and he checked my follicles and said everything looked good. He also put me on Femara for 5 days and then we'll do a trigger shot. We used clomid last time so hopefully this new protocol will produce some results. I was looking back and 3 out of our 4 tries were with my left side. When I did my HSG my left side pooled a little bit and the Dr said it was partially blocked. Since we did the HSG after 3 tries I think 2 were wasted on a blocked tube. This last time it was open but it still only had 1 big follicle. I've decided that my left side is a dud and I'm banking on my right side to come through for us this time. We have 3 vials left and I hope we get it done within these next 3 tries. I go in Monday to check my follicles and find out when my wife has to shoot me up with the trigger shot. I'm kind of nervous about her giving me a shot but I guess my only other option is for me to do it to myself and I highly doubt I can do it. For all you ladies who got pregnant, how many tries did it take and what kinds of meds were you on?

2 comments:

  1. I've been checking your post like a crazy lady! Shit...sorry it didn't work! The whole process sucks and when you find out it didn't work it's just that extra punch to the stomach. I'm hoping that #5 will be your lucky one--I've followed many blogs and when they were just about to run out of patience it's worked. Hang in there...
    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. how frustrating! Have you thought about using more than one vial per try (doing them over several days)? That's what one of the books recommended as a way to increase your odds.

    ReplyDelete