Monday, July 19, 2010

11dpiui

Well today is 11 days after my 2nd IUI. I should have started my period yesterday on day 10 but didn't. I tested this morning and it was negative. I don't know what's up, but I usually always start on time. So now we wait.....

I have another question too for anyone who reads this. My luteal phase is only around 10 days. If this IUI is a bust, what can I do to lengthen that. My RE does not have me on any medications. I've been constantly reading stuff on the internet that says my luteal phase may be too short. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. I too had a shorter luteal phase when we started all this. It usually was around 11 days. I started clomid but to strengthen my luteal phase we increased B6 and added Red Raspberry leaf tea. Now I have about 12-13 day phase? Not sure what of all that worked but it has? You could also look into the progesterone cream or suppositories… But seeing as you’re already at 11DPO it seems like you also might be in the clear. Lots of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're still in it! I don't know if you've tried acupuncture, but it can definitely help lengthen your luteal phase if you're willing to try it. I'm a big fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard that progesterone cream or suppliments can help lengthen the luteal phase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on progesterone for my luteal phase. I start taking the suppo's 2 days after the IUI...they are not fun, especially if you have to take them other than orally. But it helps extend your luteal phase. I would absolutely mention it to your doctor. I did tons of research after my miscarriages and brought information to them and they agreed. Sometimes research brings great fear, but sometimes it also helps. After I went on progesterone and baby aspirin I got pregnant and had my son!

    ReplyDelete