Monday, May 10, 2010

CD5

We're getting closer to our first IUI. I had some more acupuncture last Friday and the Doc told me she thinks it'll happen on the first try. I'm either going to be very grateful to her or fucking pissed if it doesn't work. Mother's Day went better then expected. From reading these ttc blogs I can see why some of you have a hard time with it. I guess since we haven't even done our first IUI we still have no idea what kind of roller coaster of emotions we are about to face it doesn;t bother us as much. It's weird that next week is our first try. I just want to know what it's going to be like. Does it hurt? The first exam the RE did didn't hurt but didn't feel good either. Is it like that? I've read about cramping, should I try and come back to work or should I go home and stand on my head? The unknown is what's driving me nuts. I have another acupuncture appt this Friday which will make 3 sessions before the IUI. Let's hope it works for us. We only have 3 trys lined up before we can get some more juice out of hock (aka quarantine). I never imagined how hard it would be to find a South American donor! Not even California had a lot. Most were Mexican or Puerta Rican, no offense, but they look nothing like my beautiful Bolivian wife.

Speaking of my wife, today is our 6 month wedding anniversary. 6 months ago today we were in Boston going through another different kind of emotional roller coaster. We had spent the week before we were to leave at a hospital in Alabama at my g-dad's bedside. We got there only hours after they sedated him and he never woke up again. I still kick mysef that we didn't leave earlier. I can still hear his voice. So as he lay in the hospital unable to regain consciencousness my family urged us to go to Boston and get married. We left on a Thursday night. We applied for our marriage license on Friday and took off for the weekend up through Vermont to Montreal. We had a lovely weekend there and while driving through the backroads of New Hampshire on our way to my wife's aunt's place on Cape Cod, we got the call that Monday afternoon. G-dad was gone. We were married the next day, Tuesday at 5pm, and spent our honeymoon night in a cheap hotel next to the Providence, RI airport. We left early the next morning for Alabama. After 2 flights and a 3 hours drive we were at the funeral home. Then out to Oklahoma to bury him. I still can't think of our courthouse wedding without thinking of him. Thankfully we had another ceremony and reception here Dec 5th. It was magical and is not associated with death as our "legal, but not in Fl" courthouse wedding is. Either way, I married the woman of my dreams that Nov 10th, which was our 5 year anniversary. I love her more than I'll ever be able to tell her and I hope that I can give her the baby she was meant to be a Mami to one day....one day soon.....as in please take next week!

1 comment:

  1. I love you, baby! Thank you for being such an amazing wife, best friend and life partner. No matter what, you are the love of my life! -Besos!

    ReplyDelete