Sunday, April 4, 2010

Well, this is officially my first post. It's my first foray into blogging actually and who knows if anyone will actually read this. Either way, this blog is for me to chronicle my wife and I's journey on creating our own destiny.

My wife, Tatiana, and I were married in Massachusetts on Nov. 10, 2009. It was an emotional day as well as our 5 year anniversary. We were married at the Wellesley Town Hall with her Aunt and Uncle there with us. We had this trip planned for months, us going to New England, getting married, and having a pre-honeymoon exploring Boston, Vermont, New Hampshire, Cape Cod, and Montreal. We made it to all of those places but unfortunately our trip was cut short because my Granddad passed away Nov. 9th. We were married at 5pm on a Tuesday the 10th and by 6am Wednesday morning we were on a flight to Alabama for the funeral followed by a flight to Oklahoma for the burial. In 10 days we were on 7 flights, in 6 states, plus Canada, drove over 1,000 miles and experienced the highs of getting married (legally I might add!) and the sorrows of death. My beautiful wife was there by my side the whole time.

When we made it back to Florida, it was Thanksgiving, and more wedding plans. You see on Dec 5th we had plans for a religious ceremony with our minister and a reception for 80 people. It was the most perfect day! Neither one of us would have changed anything.

Now here we are on Easter, me here blogging and her at her parents house, as we embark on our greatest journey yet. A journey to make us Mom's. We stand ready to jump on another emotional roller coaster. I've been reading people's blogs and I think I have an idea of what to expect, but I know that I don't. We have no idea what is in store but look forward to finding out. We have taken our first step, we have an appointment with a RE this Thursday to find out what we need to do to become Mama and Mami. We have forward progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment