Wednesday, April 20, 2011

14 weeks

I still have a hard time believing that I am actually pregnant. I just never thought, ever, that I would be having a baby. We went to the doctor yesterday and it just amazed me to hear the heartbeat, to have that confirmation that yes there is a baby in there. Everything checked out fine, I passed the glucose test, weight and blood pressure were good. I'm still down 5lbs from when we started this process so I guess being pregnant has been a good weight loss plan so far. I haven't gained or loss since about week 6 which the doc is ok with. I have another appt on 5/17 and then the big anatomy scan will be early June. My pants are starting to get a little tight and my boobs are huge, but other then that no sign of showing anytime soon. The m/s is starting to let up, thankfully I never had it too bad and only puked once. I'm still tired though and 10 hours a night of sleep has been my norm since the beginning.

Once we find out the gender we will be having a gender party to reveal to our family and close friends, as well as us, as to what we will be having. We're going to have the tech write down the gender and seal it in an envelope for us. Once we have that we're going to take it to the same baker who did our bridal shower and wedding cake to make a cake for us. We're thinking green with question marks all over it. Then we'll have our family and close friends over to decorate onesies and to find out what we're having. Once we cut the cake it will be either pink or blue. I feel that this is a good compromise since I didn't want to find out and my wife did. Don't tell her but the more we look at baby stuff, the easier I feel it will be to shop if we do find out. If anyone else has done a gender party I'm open to ideas and would love to hear what you did for yours.

1 comment:

  1. I think that this is the cutest idea ever! Once we get pregnant we are totally going to steal this idea!

    ReplyDelete