Thursday, November 11, 2010

knocked up until further notice

So I got knocked up on Wednesday which also happened to be my 1 year wedding anniversary. I'm trying to be positive about this one, I mean come on, what better day to have it work then our 1 year wedding anniversary. It also happens to be our 6 year together anniversary. We went to Boston this time last year and got married in Wellesley (or how ever you spell it). We also traveled up through Vermont, New Hampshire, Montreal, and back down to Cape Cod. That trip solidified me wanting to move to New England. My wife grew up there and loves Florida so I'm still working on her to go back. Once we got back to Cape Cod we were supposed to spend a week there relaxing and exploring but my G-Dad died the day before on the 9th, so we got married on the 10th and spent our wedding night in a hotel outside of the Providence, RI airport waiting for a 4am flight to Alabama by way of Maryland. It was a whirlwind trip with mixed emotions but I wouldn't have wanted anyone else by my side. Tuesday was the 1 year anniversary of G-Dad's passing and we went out with family to toast him. We got up Wednesday morning and went in for the IUI. I took the day off so we relaxed on the couch until my wife had to be at work that night. I'm trying to be optimistic and hoping that my G-Dad picks us out a sweet little baby this time. I told my wife that if we get pregnant this try and it's a boy that we have to honor my G-Dad by naming him after him. His name is Nathaniel Hector so she's less then thrilled but agreed. :)

After the IUI when we checked out the nurse told me that I would need to come back a week later for a blood test. The Dr never mentioned it and I'm not really sure what it's for. I asked the nurse and she told me to "make sure I ovulated". Hello??? Wouldn't that have been good to test for BEFORE the IUI?? Does anyone know what this test could be about? I haven't had time to call the Dr yet because work has been so crazy. I took Femara this cycle and did a trigger shot, both of which were a first. I'm just wondering if the blood test has to do with the meds? Any insight would be helpful. I hope all is well in blogland with my buddies! Cross you fingers cause this is it!

3 comments:

  1. Lol, it's a progesterone test! You take it 7 days after ovulation when your progesterone level is highest. Progesterone is released by the corpus luteum, the structure that the egg is released from. It tells your uterus to maintain its lining. When it drops you get your period (or miscarry). If you have a low level on 7dpo it can mean you didn't ovulate. They want at least a 10 to maintain a pregnancy, 15 if it was a medicated cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Nathaniel is a lovely name--Hector maybe not so much, but there's something to be said for naming kids after important historical figures. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like all the signs are lining up! Fingers crossed for you all.

    ReplyDelete