Tuesday, November 23, 2010

back to square one

I started my period this morning. I was actually a little hopeful this cycle but it turns out I shouldn't have been. I'm not a pessimist by nature but I am definetely not an optimist by any means. I like to look at all the possibilites and be ready for each one. So this time, I was hopeful and now I don't have a plan B. Damn you hope... The wife and I talked about it this morning and since we have 2 vials left I think we're going for a 2 insem cycle this time. I figure why the hell not. Last time we did the insem 36 hours after the triggr shot and I swear I o'd about 16 hours later so I should have listened to my body and went in ealrier for the IUI. So this time we'll do the same meds and trigger and then do 2 IUIs and see what happens. If we only do 1 IUI and it works we're looking at a $700 storage fee for 1 vial and let's face it, 1 vial is probably not going to get us a 2nd baby. If this hail mary IUI doesn't work then I'm pushing for a donor change. My wife likes this donor and it's so hard to find a South American donor but I think we should try. I think 6 tries on 1 donor is more than reasonable and she agrees, but she will mourn our "perfect" donor. Our Dr told us to begin with, that we had a 75% chance within 6 tries. I wonder what our chances are for more than 6 tries. I guess we'll find out. We're not ready to give up so we'll just keep moving on.

6 comments:

  1. Well this sucks! I'm sorry...the donor change might be just what you need BUT you've got another shot so go for it! Thinking of you...BFN are the pits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shit, I'm so sorry. I'm glad you were hopeful, though.I know that might make it harder, but keeping hopeful throughout this is so important (and not easy). Using both vials for another shot seems like a good plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry! The hope is a hard thing to balance with this process. But moving forward with a 2 vial cycle sounds like a nice plan! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I'm sorry to hear this. But 6 does seem like a fair number of tries, and using the extra vial seems like the best solution.

    ReplyDelete
  5. damn...So sorry for you girls :( On the upside, I think the twofer is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete